Eating healthy is so hard isn’t it? Or is that just my inner toddler crying inside because all I want is mac’n’cheese out of a box with the fun shapes. But the reality is veggies are really good for you.
As I’ve done more digging into what truly healthy eating look likes, it really just means more veggies, and let’s be real here I grew up on junk food so veggies have always been, uh, ek, to me. So, you can imagine my excitement to finally discover a recipe that is full of veggies and I actually LOVE!
- 2tbps extra virgin olive oil
- 5 small melody multi-colored potatoes (purple, red, golden) chopped into bit sized pieces
- 3 rainbows carrots (purple, white, orange) pealed and chopped into bit size pieces
- 2tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
- 1/2tsp thyme
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp rosemary
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Zest of one full lemon
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- In a large pan heat olive oil on medium high until it radiates heat when you hover your palm over the top of the pan (DO NOT TOUCH OIL)
- Add potatoes and carrots to pan tossing to coat with oil.
- Add all spice except the garlic and lemon juice/zest.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover pan with a lid for 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally. Cook longer if necessary until you can poke carrot with fork and it feels soft.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 more minute.
- Add lemon juice, toss and let cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat, serve and top with lemon zest.
Notes & Variations:
- Save the other half of your lemon and add to sparkling mineral water for your own La Croix.
- EVOO can be subbed with regular olive oil, coconut oil, avocado or grape seed oil but the flavor may be altered a bit.
- Other veggies could be added in or substituted if you want to play with this recipe. Have fun!
- You can bake this in the oven at 450F degrees for 25 minutes flipping half way through. I recommend placing them on a layer of foil and lightly greasing the sheet with olive oil.
- Prep all ingredients.
- toss potatoes and carrots with all spices and a little extra lemon juice to preserve
- Place in air tight container in refrigerator. Cook within a few days.
- Then follow the recipe above.
Enjoy friends! If you make this I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email or tag me on Instagram @searchingphoto or use my hashtag #searchingphotobakes
Love my photography? Did you know I was a photographer, I work with lifestyle, weddings, companies and brands!