Who doesn’t love banana bread? With my little one now being on a nut free and gluten free diet we’ve lost a lot of bread like foods in our diet. So I was so excited when I figured out a vegan, egg free, paleo, nut and coconut free banana bread recipe! Yay for exploring.
This bread recipe didn’t fluff as much as I would haven liked it to but it was still none the less delicious. If you’re keeping eggs in your diet you can sub the flax eggs for 3 regular eggs or The Neat Vegan egg mix.
Banana Bread Recipe
Table of Contents
- 2 flax eggs (2tbps ground flax seed 3 tbps water)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4c honey
- 1/2c avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp soda
- 1bps gourd cinnamon
- 1/2 salt
- 1 1/2c cassava flour (or 2c almond flour, I haven’t tried this though)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan 9×5 by wiping with coconut oil or winning with parchment paper.
- With a standard mixer or with a masher mash banana and flax eggs together. Mix in honey, vanilla and oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, cinnamon and soda.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir until combined, don’t over mix the batter will be thick and clumpy.
- Pour batter into pan, and smooth the top out with the back of your spoon.
- Bake for 1hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. If needed place an extra piece of parchment paper on top of loaf to keep from burning the top.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and transfer entire loaf and parchment paper to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Store in air tight container or freeze to enjoy some later! Enjoy
*Notes & Variations:
- You can use regular eggs in this if you’re not vegan or on the medical medium protocol. In which case just sub the flax eggs for 3 eggs.
- You can use almond or another nut flour for this if you’d like but I haven’t tried this. I’d recommend using 2cups instead of 1 1/2c
Enjoy friends! If you make this I’d love to hear from you! Shoot me an email or tag me on Instagram @searchingphoto or use my hashtag #searchingphotobakes
Love my photography, own your own bake shop or a Denver, Colorado based cooking or baking blog but lack photo skills. I’d love to help you friend. Fill out my contact form below and let’s getting showing off all that delicious food or treats you make!
Love this recipe and want more paleo friendly foods visit these blogs to find more recipes I hope you’ll love!