Self Care Yoga | Mountain Side Yoga
Table of Contents
- 1 Self Care Yoga | Mountain Side Yoga
- 2 Self Care Yoga Poses
- 3 Self Care Yoga | Tips
- 4 Self Care Yoga Video: Mountain Side Yoga
- 5 Meditation For Self Care
- 6 Receive Your Free Guided Meditation
- 7 More Self Care Yoga Videos
It’s been a long day and its time for some good ‘ol self care yoga. We’ve got you covered, friend, with a relaxing flow to empower you to feel your best as you pursue self care yoga. This flow was specifically created to help you get out of your head, into your body, and enjoy the magical moments of everyday life!
Hey, I’m Emmy, CYI here at Celebrate Again, where we believe that we should live life to the fullest. With this self care yoga flow, you’ll find a mantra to get your mind connected and a simple flow with modifications for all body types and skill levels.
Jump to the self care yoga video!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here.
Self Care Yoga Poses
Wondering what poses we’ll cover in this self care yoga flow? Here’s a breakdown of some of the self care, self love yoga poses we’ll be doing throughout the practice. I’ve also included some modifications in these lists if you find those to be helpful for where your body is today. As always, in the practice of yoga, never do anything that causes pain, and please consult a physician before practicing any new forms of exercise.
Self Care Yoga Mountain Side Yoga Poses Explained
- Knees To Chest
- If this doesn’t feel good to your spine, you can always roll to one side, using your top hand to push you up to a seated position.
- Simple Seated
- Placing a block or pillow underneath your sits bones can help you sit up straight if you are struggling to find alignment.
- Table Top
- If this causes pain in your knees, consider placing a towel or blanket for more cushion under your knees.
- Be mindful to press into all four corners of your hands to not place undue pressure on your fingertips.
- Cat / Cow
- Skip cow pose if you are pregnant
- Downward Facing Dog
- If this pose bothers your wrists, focus on putting weight into your fingertips instead of the bottom of your palms
- Forward Fold
- Star Pose
- Standing Open A Fold
- Cow Face
- Three Legged Downard Dog
- You can always lower the back knee. If this causes pain in your knees, consider placing a towel or blanket for more cushion under your knees.
- Runners Stretch
- Modified Toe Stand
- This can always be done supported with a block underneath your sacrum or very low back.
- Supine Twist
Self Care Yoga | Tips
Mat Optional But It Helps
Having a yoga mat isn’t necessary, though it helps with grip and padding. A soft rug or large towel will do.
If you’re looking for a great yoga mat, we love cork yoga mats because they are environmentally friendly and chemical free for you too!
|Environmentally Friendly: if made with sustainably sourced corkF||Heavier: It can be heavier than a traditional yoga mat, though not unreasonably so.|
|Self Cleaning: cork is naturally antimicrobial that kills germs and bacteria||Harder to Roll: due to its material it is harder to roll up|
|Stink Free: due to the antibacterial properties of cork it kills the bacteria that cause’s odors||Can Be Slick: depending on the brand it can be more slick.|
|Chemical Free:cork is made from a tree so its naturally chemical free||Cannot Use Oils: if you love to use essential oils on your yoga mat, this is not recommend on cork. You can still diffuse oils near you though!|
|Durable: cork is very durable and depending on your care for it and the manufacturer it can last up to 10 years|
|Kid Safe: its a great place to do yoga with your kids or baby since its chemical-free!|
Self Care Yoga Video: Mountain Side Yoga
Meditation For Self Care
As we are flowing through this self-care yoga practice I’ll read to you this quote by Victoria Erickson from her book, Edge of Wonder:
“Promise to stay wild with me.
We’ll seek and return and stay
and find beauty in the extraordinary
in all the spaces we can claim.
How to breathe magic
into the mundane.”
You can continue to practice this meditation for inner peace on your own using this self-care mantra
Inhale: Linger in Beauty
Exhale: Dwell in the magic (mystery/God) of the mundane
Bonus Self Care Yoga, Mountain Side Yoga ScreenSaver
Stay In Touch For Current Classes
Receive Your Free Guided Meditation
Download your free meditaiton by subscribing to our newsletter.
Receive free you videos and encouraging notes. (Don’t worry we won’t spam you.)
More Self Care Yoga Videos
Celebrate Again, LLC recommends that you speak with your physician regarding the applicability of any recommendations and follow all safety instructions before beginning any exercise program. When partaking in any form of physical activity is a potentially hazardous one, and that they involve a risk of possible injury or even death. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you voluntarily agree that you do with the knowledge of the risk involved, expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury to yourself.