Romantic things to do for your wife can be a challenging task to figure out especially if you have to figure out what to buy her, but what if you didn’t have to head down the buying path to find a way to surprise your wife with a little extra amount of romance. What if it was super simple? I got you, friend I’m going to share my favorite ways on how to make your wife feel special or how to rekindle romance with your wife.
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here.
Hey, I’m Emmy, one of the couples photography experience makers here at Celebrate Again, where we believe that connecting regularly as couples can be as simple as saying I love you often or as grand as planning an epic anniversary trip together. Having been married myself now for over a decade and hearing my own husband struggle as he wonders how to romance me as his wife, I wanted to create a resource for you to help you know how to romance your wife.Wouldn’t it be awesome if your wife knew exactly what she wanted and told you. Well guess what, wife here, telling you exactly 10 romantic things to do for you wife:
1. Leave Her Love Letters Randomly
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Leave Her Love Letters Randomly
- 2 2. Surprise her with flowers, often.
- 3 3. Dance with her, anywhere and everywhere
- 4 4. Joke Together
- 5 5. Plan a sweet surprise picnic
- 6 6. Text/call your wife just because.
- 7 7. Write an “I love you because” list
- 8 8. Give your wife a massage
- 9 9. Discover your love language
- 10 10. Plan a romantic day together or romantic surprise for her
- 11 More Romantic Things To Do For Your Wife Including date night ideas to reconnect
If you’re not a poet or even a writer, find writers with sayings that resonate with you. Share the quote by itself or write down why you wanted to share that quote with them. Here are some nice things to say to your wife to get you started:
Romantic things to say to your wife using a poet's help
- “Promise to stay wild with me. We’ll seek and return and stay to find beauty and the extraordinary in all the spaces we can claim. We’ll know how to live. How to breathe magic into the mundane.” ~ Victoria Erickson
- “Love her but leave her wild.” ~ Atticus (find his book here)
- “A sky full of stars and he was staring at her.” ~
- Atticus (find his book here)
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known — and even that is an understatement.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head… but I’ll tell you a secret… all of the best people are.” ~Alice in Wonderland Lewis Carrol
- “Live life as if there were no second chances.” ~About Time
- “I want to know you moved and breathed in the same world with me.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “We were together. I forget the rest” ~ Walt Whitman
2. Surprise her with flowers, often.
This may seem cliche and overdone, but I have yet to meet a wife who didn’t adore fresh flowers being given to her as a romantic thing to do for your wife on her birthday or anyway.
Pro Tip: If you have a local farmers market in your area, skip out of bed early one morning to get her fresh flowers and maybe a yummy treat.
3. Dance with her, anywhere and everywhere
Want more ideas? Try these romantic ideas for your wife:
- Make a playlist you can randomly turn on while one or both of you cook together that you feel like you can dance to. Do the dancing you can do, just crazy wild dancing or twirl her around like the queen you know she is.
- Take the same playlist and throw it on while you’re folding laundry, maybe for her?
- Drive someplace with a romantic spot to park, turn off the car but keep the headlamps on. Turn on that playlist and dance under the stars.
Here is a map of our favorite romantic picnic spots outside of Denver, Colorado:
Pro Tip: Please practice Leave No Trace Principles when visiting these areas. Take your trash with you, follow the park rules, pay for parking and respect these areas to stay public and beautiful for everyone to enjoy.
Here is a map of our favorite romantic spots outside of Portland, Oregon:
4. Joke Together
Keep a note in your phone of ridiculous jokes you come up with so you can pull them out during a dull moment. Or bookmark ridiculously funny things you find on the internet you can share together. Our favorite is our pinterest funnies board which you can find here to get your laughs on. We also love some good ‘ole Jim Gaffigin.
5. Plan a sweet surprise picnic
- Leave a note of where to go, what to wear (bonus if you buy her a new dress/outfit (we love Lulu’s for affordable options) she’s saved online or her pinterest board – a great romantic gesture for your wife!)
- Make a picnic dinner or order her favorite takeout.
- Get a blanket (we love this one from etsy, you could have your vows printed out on it!), some pillows and maybe some flowers and some portable twinkle lights or electric candles.
- Set up an adorable picnic for you both!
6. Text/call your wife just because.
Call just to check in to see how they are doing? Or send one of these silly texts
- Miss your face
- What can I do to make your day/night easier? Really, I want to help you (and be willing to follow up!)
- No matter how you’re feeling today, know that I’m always on your team, we’re in this together babe!
- So proud of you for ____
- I love spending time with you
- Thinking about you and it’s making me smile
- Just wanted to hit pause today and tell you how much I love being your partner
- I hear kissing burns 6.4 calories per minute. Wanna burn some tonight?
- If you could be any veggie I’d say you’re definitely a cute-cumber.
7. Write an “I love you because” list
- You could write it in small letters that you leave her one a day for 10 days.
- Or you could write it on one piece of paper that you can then later frame for her.
- Alternatively, you could write one day every day on the bathroom mirror with dry erase markers.
8. Give your wife a massage
Know your own strength and keep asking how things feel. But just in case you’re feeling a little intimidated, try these tips for a good massage.
Adjust your pressure as needed.
Use a lubricant: We love having coconut oil around just for this. It’s a clean, inexpensive oil option. Or if your wife is allergic to coconut, consider some avocado oil (you won’t need to use much, it goes a long way!). Or grab her favorite lotion she has around.
If you do use coconut, you can warm it up on the stove or microwave for 15-30 seconds and add some essential oils such as lavender to help her relax.
Communicate that this doesn’t have to lead to intimacy, but if you both want it to, it can. Try to approach this without any expectation other than giving the gift of touch.
9. Discover your love language
If you already know it, use this to give a unique gift to your partner based on their love language.
Not sure what yours is? Take a quick test online here
Here are some ideas based on each love language:
- Touch or Quality Time: Spend time cuddling on the couch looking through old photos together
- Words of Affirmation: Write her a letter about how proud you are of what she’s done in your relationship or how she’s impacted your life. Don’t overthink it, just put pen to paper and start writing.
- Gifts: Buy them a gift that matches what they love. It could be as simple as a treat, drink or a gift card to pamper her.
- Acts of Service: surprise her by taking care of a chore that ordinarily she does, like cooking dinner, folding the laundry or putting the kids to bed so she can take a long bath.
10. Plan a romantic day together or romantic surprise for her
Learn how to Celebrate Again
Have you wanted to have the whole day planned out for you where you both got to go on a crazy adventure together and have the time of your life, but didn’t have to figure out the logistics of it all?
Or have you seen romantic photos of couples and KNEW your wife would love to do something like that? Well friend, you’re in for a treat because this is what we DO: craft connecting photography experiences for couples, helping them Celebrate Again!
Learn more about making an epic day together here: couple photography experiences
More Romantic Things To Do For Your Wife Including date night ideas to reconnect
- We love pillow talk questions for married couples which is why we teamed up with couples therapists to give you this idea list! This is a great place to start to get romantic ideas for wife in bedroom!
- Need some fun date ideas? We’ve got you covered with these romantic date ideas for wife!
- Or ready to start planning your next trip? Check out our Best Anniversary Trip Ideas!
Want to connect for 30 days with a simple tasks each day?
Download Our 30 Day Relationship Challenge Here
Ready to connect every singe day with your beloved in one simple step?
Fill out the form below to download our free 30 day relationship challenge guide book.