Romantic love quotes for her, him or them are hidden gems that help us all remember the passion and desire behind our love. I’ve been married for over a decade now and know the power of good words can help remind me of the truth behind this relationship that is a gift but also one that needs to be nurtured.
Hey beautiful soul, I’m Emmy, beauty hunter, yoga instructor and couple’s photographer her at Celebrate Again, where I believe that life is worth celebrating and in the midst of all the hard times in life we need inspiration, which is why I’m so excited to share with you this massive list of romantic love quotes for her, him, them or any other pronoun you prefer! Enjoy friends.
Pro Tip: Loving these romantic love quotes and want to save them for later? Hover over the image and save it on pinterest for later!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links. For full information, please see our disclaimer here.
Romantic Love Quotes
Table of Contents
- 1 Romantic Love Quotes
- 2 Short Love Quotes
- 3 Deep & Passionate Quotes for Her, Him or Them
- 4 Modern Poetry you should own to keep giving romantic love quotes to your partner
- 5 Madly In Love Quotes for Her, Him or Them - Romantic Love Quotes
- 6 Endless & Unconditional Love Quotes for Her, Him or Them - Romantic Love Quotes
Many of the romantic love quotes for her, him or them I selected are from some of my favorite romantic novels or movies. If you’re looking for a good book to read together or start your next romantic novel consider purchasing one of the books from the list from Bookshop.org which supports small bookshops around the U.S. vs big retailers.
|BookShop.org||Other Retailers like Amazon|
|Supports local bookshops around the U.S.A.||May have cheaper prices|
|75% of the money you spend goes to independent book stores||Possible free shipping if your a member|
|Large database with comparable rates|
Short Love Quotes
1.“YOU ARE LIKE NOBODY SINCE I LOVE YOU.” ― PABLO NERUDA
2.“Love her but leave her wild.” ― Atticus
This is one of my all time favorite romantic love quotes!
at her. —ATTICUS”
4.“They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered” F. Scott Fitzgerald
5.“And your very flesh shall be a great poem” Walt Whitman
6.“We were together. I forget the rest” – Walt Whitman
7.“The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays
8.“I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.” Walt Whitman
9.“She wore a smile like a loaded gun” Atticus
10.“I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.” ― Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster
11.“I love your eyes…and the rest of your face too” About Time
12.“True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.” ― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle
13.“Every great love starts with a great story…” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
You may find a lot of romantic love quotes from Nicholas Sparks, because I mean he’s kinda the king at romance novels for our era.
14. “Live life as if there were no second chances.” About Time
15.“Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk To Remember
16.“We stumbled on a view that’s tailor-made for two.”― La La Land
17.“…falling in love could be achieved in a single word—a glance.” ― Ian McEwan, Atonement
18.”No, I like you very much. Just as you are.” Mark Darcy, Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001)
19.”You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die.” William Shakespeare, Shakespeare in Love (1998
20.”I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” Nick Mercer, The Wedding Date (2005)
21.“I can’t see anything I don’t like about you.” Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
22.“To me, you are perfect.” Love Actually
23.“I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Another killer book you need to go read! Fitzgerald also just nails all the romantic love quotes!
24.”I love you. You complete me.” Jerry Maguire, Jerry Maguire (1996)
25.”I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where.” Patch Adams, Patch Adams (1998)
26.”I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” Noah, The Notebook (2004)
27.“You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” –The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle
28.“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
29.“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” ― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
30.“Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” – E.E. Cummings
31.“To love is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.” Emily Dickinson
32.“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” Robert Frost
33. “Love breaks my bones and I laugh.” – Charles Bukowski
34. “Love is most nearly itself when here and now cease to matter.” – T.S. Eliot
35. “For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary” ― Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
36. “It was her chaos that made her beautiful. ” ― Atticus Poetry, Love Her Wild
37. “She wore the moonlight like lingerie. ” ― Atticus Poetry, Love Her Wild
38. “I love you most in that place between coffee and sleep.” ― Atticus Poetry, The Dark Between Stars
39.“Silly girl, your different was your beautiful all along.” ― Atticus Poetry
40.“Her courage was her crown, and she wore it like a Queen.” ― Atticus
Atticus I would have to say is the current raining poet for romantic love quotes.
Deep & Passionate Quotes for Her, Him or Them
These quotes are great for sharing how much you love your partner. Write it in a letter to them and surprise them one day! (If you need a tutorial on how to write a love letter this will help!)
41.“Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.” –In Memoriam A.H.H. by Alfred Lord Tennyson
42. “Soulmates aren’t the ones who make you happiest, no. They’re instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pangs, captivation and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope.” ― Victoria Erickson
This is one of my favorite long love quotes from one of my favorite modern day poets!
43. “Promise to stay wild with me. We’ll seek and return and stay to find beauty and the extraordinary in all the spaces we can claim. We’ll know how to live. How to breathe magic into the mundane.” ― Victoria Erickson
44.“You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known — and even that is an understatement.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
45. “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
46. “I celebrate myself, and sing myself, and what I assume you shall assume, for every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.” – Walt Whitman
47. “It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” ― E.M. Forster, A Room with a View
48. “In our time together, you claimed a special place in my heart, one I’ll carry with me forever and that no one can ever replace.”― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
49. “Don’t be afraid to fall in love again. Open your heart and follow where it leads you…and remember, shoot for the moon.” ― Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love You
This romantic love quote is so beautiful. If you haven’t read the book at least go watch the movie!
50. “And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
51. “Finding someone you love and loves you back is a wonderful feeling. But finding a true soulmate is an even better feeling. A soulmate is someone who understands you like no other will be there for you forever no matter what.” ― Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love You
52. “You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you. -Mr. Darcy” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
53. “Here’s to the ones who dream, foolish as they may seem. Here’s to the hearts that ache; here’s to the mess we make.”― La La Land
54. “She captured a feeling, sky with no ceiling, the sunset inside of a frame.”― La La Land
55. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life. Cee” ― Ian McEwan, Atonement
56. “It’s like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” Jonathan Trager, Serendipity (2001)
57. “Romance takes place in the middle distance. Romance is looking in at yourself through a window clouded with dew. Romance means leaving things out: where life grunts and shuffles, romance only sighs.” ― Margaret Atwood
58. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
59.“Love is passion, obsession, someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with?” – Meet Joe Black
60. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever” – The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
61. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” ~ Hitch
Gotta love the romantic love quote from this rom com!
62. “He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips’ touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.” – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
63. “I’m not sentimental–I’m as romantic as you are. The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last–the romantic person has a desperate confidence that they won’t.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise
64. “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.” – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
65. “You are sunlight through a window, which I stand in, warmed. My darling.” – The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
66.“Her love was entirely as a child’s, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring.” – Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
I just cannot get over this romantic love quote. This book is so crazy good. The movie is also a delight, but of course the book is better!
This is one of my personal favorite romantic novels, you can check it out here! How romantic would it be to read a novel together!
67.“You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together, to see if we know what we were taught.” – Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
68. “It is not time or opportunity that is to determine intimacy; – it is disposition alone. Seven years would be insufficient to make some people acquainted with each other, and seven days are more than enough for others.” – Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
69. “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depths and breadth and height my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight for the ends of being and idea grace.” – Sonnet 43 by William Shakespeare
70. “If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.” ― William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
71. “The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke.” – The God Of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
72. “Her life with others no longer interests him. He wants only her stalking beauty, her theatre of expressions. He wants the minute secret reflection between them, the depth of field minimal, their foreignness intimate like two pages of a closed book.” – The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
73. “That the last two letters in her name were the first two in his, a silly thing he never mentioned to her but caused him to believe that they were bound together.” – Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
74.“I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” – The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
A romantic love quote that just gets me because this book is so near and dear to my heart as someone who battles chronic illnesses. Such a beautiful story!
Modern Poetry you should own to keep giving romantic love quotes to your partner
For the king of romantic love quotes you’ve got to check out Atticus’ works! Victoria Erickson on this list also is one of my current faves!
Madly In Love Quotes for Her, Him or Them - Romantic Love Quotes
For all the newly in love romantics we hope you find some unusual love quotes in this list too.
76.“She was an endless source of beautiful ideas and epiphanies I wanted to live forever in the quiet inspiration of her existence.”― Atticus Poetry, The Dark Between Stars
77. “Our love happened to us all at once we had no time to think we were caught up in the adventure of it and hadn’t a moment to spare. “― Atticus Poetry, The Dark Between Stars
78. “I think it’s beautiful
the way you sparkle
when you talk about
the things you love.” ― Atticus Poetry, Love Her Wild
79.“Better than chocolate, being with you last night. Silly me, I thought that nothing was better than chocolate.” ― E. Lockhart, We Were Liars
80. “I fine more love
in a storm
than a thousand
sunny days without.” ― Atticus Poetry, The Truth About Magic
81. “He feeds upon her face by day and night, And she with true kind eyes looks back on him, Fair as the moon and joyful as the light.” -In An Artist’s Studio by Christina Rossetti
82. “He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and my Sunday rest.” -Stop All The Clocks by W.H. Auden
83. “I would love to say that you make me weak in the knees but to be quite upfront and completely truthful you make my body forget it has knees at all.” – Love Language, Chasers of the Light by Tyler Knott Gregson
84. “I don’t ask you to love me always like this, but I ask you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight.” F. Scott Fitgerald
85.“You’re the only girl I’ve seen for a very long time that actually did look like something blooming.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
86. “You’re mad. Bonkers. Off your head…but I’ll tell you a secret…all of the best people are.” Alice in Wonderland Lewis Carrol
Ok, I know this really isn’t a romantic love quote but in the right relationship if a partner wrote this to each other I think it would be crazy romantic. What do you think?
87. “I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn’t. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.” ― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk To Remember
If you haven’t read A Walk To Remember you need to seriously drop everything and go get this book. Its SO good!
88. “I might kiss you. I might be bad at it. That’s not possible.” ― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk To Remember
89, “I don’t know what you came to do, but I wanna do it with you.”― La La Land
This movie made the romantic love quotes list because it was crazy romantic but also so sad to me!
90. “In my dreams I kiss your cunt, your sweet wet cunt. In my thoughts I make love to you all day long.” ― Ian McEwan, Atonement
Another amazing romantic love quote from a movie/book. Aren’t all the best stories turned into movies?
91. “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” Westley, The Princess Bride (1987)
92. “I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss of her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.” Seth, City of Angels (1998)
93. “And maybe it’ll be enough if you know that in the few hours we had together we loved a lifetime’s worth.” Sarah Connor, Terminator (1984)
94. “I want to know you moved and breathed in the same world with me.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
95. “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” Rhett Butler, Gone With the Wind (1939)
I mean who wouldn’t want to be told this romantic love quote!?
96. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.” Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice (2005)
What is this romantic quotes list without some Jane Austen and the famous Mr. Darcy.
97. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together … and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home. .. only to no home I’d ever known … I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like … magic.” – Sleepless in Seattle
98. “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.” ~ The Fault In Our Stars
99. “What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life.” Walt Whitman
Walt Whitman just keeps nailing the romantic love quotes around here!
100. “It’s like in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” – Serendipity
101. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.” – Big Fish
102. “I am here and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder.” – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
103. “You’re the first boy I ever kissed, Jake, and I want you to be the last.” – Sweet Home Alabama
104. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.” – 50 First Dates
105. “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Sense & Sensibility
106. “Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you’ll land among the stars” ― Cecelia Ahern, P.S. I Love You
Another one of crazy romantic love quotes from a book/movie. I haven’t read this book but I have a feeling its amazing. Let me know in the comments if you have!
107. “In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
108. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Atonement by Ian McEwan
109. “Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.” – Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
What would this romantic love quotes list be with out a little Shakespeare. Anyone else want to go re read his work as an adult instead of a child in school who has no idea what he’s talking about? Just me?
110. “She was more than human to me. She was a Fairy, a Sylph, I don’t know what she was – anything that no one ever saw, and everything that everybody ever wanted. I was swallowed up in an abyss of love in an instant. There was no pausing on the brink; no looking down, or looking back; I was gone, headlong, before I had sense to say a word to her.” –David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
111. “It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.” – Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
112. “You have robbed me
of all heart & mind
and I love you
sweet bandit of my soul.” ― Atticus Poetry, The Truth About Magic
Endless & Unconditional Love Quotes for Her, Him or Them - Romantic Love Quotes
113. “Come. Sit with me now. We’ll gaze at the falling sun as it gazes this horizon for I want to talk about simple nothings and silent stirrings, and wild things with someone who means everything.” Victoria Erickson Edge of Wonder
Throwing down the romantic love quotes, Victoria Erickson is an wonderful poet you should check out!
114. “Will you come travel with me? Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?” Walt Whitman
115. “Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
116. “I guess what I’m trying to say is that you are there, in everything I am, in everything I’ve ever done, and looking back, I know that I should have told you know much you’ve always meant to me. ” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
117. “Every time I read to her, it was like I was courting her, because sometimes, just sometimes, she would fall in love with me again, just like she had a long time ago. And that’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. How many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
118. “My first thoughts after waking are – and always have been – of you.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
Its a really good book, clearly fully of all the romantic love quotes. I mean if you want any romance instructions just go pick up a Nicholas Sparks book or movie for that fact.
119. “Marriage is about compromise; it’s about doing something for the other person, even when you don’t want to.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
120. “But most of all, I learned that it’s possible for two people to fall in love all over again, even when there’s been a lifetime of disappointment between them.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
121. “I don’t think that we’re meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith.” ― Nicholas Sparks, A Walk To Remember
122. “No matter what challenges that keeps us apart, we’ll always find a way back to each other.” The Vow
123. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” The Vow
124. “I vow to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.” The Vow
125. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” Christian, Moulin Rouge (2001)
126. “I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame.” Robbie Turner, Atonement (2007)
127. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” Arwen, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
128. “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” The Notebook
129. “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant” Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
Rupi Kaur another modern day poet that you need to go check out!
136. “Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day.” –Bending The Universe by Justin Wetch
137. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
138. “what is stronger than the human heart which shatters over and over and still lives” ― Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
139. “I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you.” ― Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
140. “To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” ― Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
141. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
142. “What if we could stop being different colors, different backgrounds, and just be in love?” ― E. Lockhart, We Were Liars
Another amazing book I highly recommend!
148. “Love is
throwing yourself into a stormy sea
hoping there are arms to catch you
knowing that without the leap
there is only the safe
and lonely shore” ― Atticus Poetry, Love Her Wild
149. “When it comes to love
we are primates breaking sticks
while pointing to our hearts.”― Atticus Poetry, Love Her Wild
waits for all of us
in that place
where no one
is looking.” ― Atticus Poetry, The Truth About Magic
Did you find a quote you love? I’d love to know what you’ll do with it in the comments below!
Planning a Romantic Getaway soon?
Download our free anniversary trip planning guide
Or want to start exploring where you could go for your next get away? Check out these guides from all my travels!
Dream Lake Hike in Colorado
Want to have an epic experience together?
When I’m not leading yoga and self love, you’ll find me helping couples like you have epic connection experiences.
Along with my team of photographers, were couples photographers but more importantly we are couple experience makers.
We believe that your wedding day or anniversary deserves a unique celebration, one that takes you away from the every day overwhelm and into a place that allows for deep connection. We’d love to help guide you in crafting an unforgetable experience that we hope will transform your relationship deeply. Learn more about hiring us as your Oregon elopement photographers, Colorado elopement photographers or anniversary photographers!
Celebrating your anniversary soon? Learn more about what to do for your anniversary!