Pillow talk questions for married couples can be challenging. It’s tough to think of new intimate conversation questions when you’re both at the end of your day and likely feeling worn out, but still want time to connect. So, we’ve gathered our favorite couples’ therapist and relationship expertise to bring you some juicy pillow talk questions for couples!
Hey friend, I’m Lumalia (Emmy), self care yoga teacher and one of the couples photographers and experience makers here at Celebrate Again. We’re on a mission to help you live a lifestyle of celebration and what better way than your connection with your partner. So, here are 10 pillow talk questions for married couples:
1. If money were no object, how would you spend the day tomorrow?
Table of Contents
- 1 1. If money were no object, how would you spend the day tomorrow?
- 2 2. If you could relive any memory we've had together what would it be?
- 3 3. What's your favorite body part of mine?
- 4 4. Is there anything in bed you've wanted to try that we haven't?
- 5 5. What music narrates your life?
- 6 6. If travel were simple where would you want to go next?
- 7 7. What turns your partner on sexually?
- 8 8. If you chose how to die how would you choose to go?
- 9 9. I'm afraid to initiate intimacy with you because...
- 10 10. What's the most wild thing you'd like to do with me?
- 11 Need Some Date Ideas?
- 12 Ready to spend more time connecting?
I love these pillow talk questions for married couples because it opens the door to possibilities. The biggest life line for my husband and I’s relationship has always been dreaming. The moment we stop dreaming together is the moment our relationship stops growing.
2. If you could relive any memory we've had together what would it be?
I love this question because even on hard days together, it can be so helpful to remember how much fun you’ve had in times past.
Again, use this to get creative for your next date idea to incorporate something from that past memory. Try putting a new spin on it!
3. What's your favorite body part of mine?
We hope this pillow talk question spices things up for you two!
4. Is there anything in bed you've wanted to try that we haven't?
The vulnerability of this one can be very vulnerably, especially if you haven’t talked openly about sexual desires before. Try to be open-minded and let this be a time to listen to each other, even if you don’t act upon it immediately.
5. What music narrates your life?
Fawn Preston Holmes tells us this is her favorite pillow talk question for couples because:
“My partner and I have been together 24 years and we have five kids together. We infuse music in to everything we do.
In the evenings, after the kids are in bed, we take turns playing songs we love while we chat about our day. We make playlists together. Playlists for road trips or holidays. Motown. Halloween.
We create memories through music and when we hear those songs apart, we remember why we are together. “
You can find Fawn as a life coach, mental health, addiction and trauma informed care specialist at www.awareconsulting.org
6. If travel were simple where would you want to go next?
7. What turns your partner on sexually?
This question comes from Jacqueline Holden, a couples therapist who says:
“How many times have you found yourself, FINALLY spending time with your partner, only to default to work/school/kid/household talk?!
As a counselor, I work with couples a lot, and often recommend that they download the Gottman Card Decks app from the Gottman Institute.
It’s free, and has 14 decks to choose from! One of my favorite decks is the “Love Maps” deck, which is great for new and long term couples alike.
Questions range from “What’s your partner’s favorite food?” to “What turns your partner on sexually?”, and I find couples are often surprised at how answers change over time.
Another one to check out is the “Give Appreciation” deck. It seems simple on the surface, but it’s easy to overlook all the little things our partners do that we appreciate.
By spending some time to intentionally call out the times your partner makes you a cup of coffee, takes care of dinner, puts the masks in the wash, you create a culture of positivity in your home.
All those small moments lead to a deeper, more satisfying relationship.”
8. If you chose how to die how would you choose to go?
While this can seem it a bit morbid, it can be a funny conversation too, and hopefully dispel some fears that one day we’re all gonna die.
Why do I love this though? Because my answer as always been choking on my own spit while laughing. Haha
9. I'm afraid to initiate intimacy with you because...
This pillow talk question for married couples comes from Dr. Chelsea Page she says:
“A question that goes beneath the surface unlike “what is your favorite sex position” opens up the vulnerability in a couple, which is essential for deeper connection both inside and outside the bedroom.
This question also taps into the fears that blocks each person from reaching out. Such as fear of not performing well, or feeling of pressure to orgasm.
This also then allows not only a deeper connection from the conversation itself, but allows space in the relationship to shift in a way that can allow more safety to show up in intimacy.”
10. What's the most wild thing you'd like to do with me?
This pillow talk question for married couples can be get your juices flowing but also could be as simple as saying skinny dipping, taking the next flight open at the airport, or having sex in a public restroom (although maybe not during the pandemic!! lol).
Ready to Dive Deeper Into Regular Connection?
Come check out our couples connection experiences. It’s going to rock your socks off.
Here’s a little bout what other couples have said about it:
Need Some Date Ideas?
Want more flirtatious connection with your partner? Check out our 50 flirtatious fun date ideas to inspire your playful romance!
- Or check out our romantic things to do for your wife article!
- Consider writing a letter to her with our romantic love quotes as you inspiration or check out our tutorial on how to write love letters!
- Planning an anniversary trip soon? Check out our best anniversary trip ideas to inspire your next adventure!
Ready to spend more time connecting?
Download Our Free 30 Day Relationship Challenge Here
Ready to connect every singe day for a month with your beloved in one simple step?
Fill out the form below to download our free 30 day relationship challenge guide book.
Want to have an epic experience together?
Hey! I’m Lumalia (Emmy) and Team couples photographers but more importantly we’re couple experience makers.
We believe that your connection, wedding day or anniversary deserves a unique celebration, one that takes you away from the overwhelming aspects of daily life and into a place that allows for deep connection. We’d love to help guide you in crafting an unforgettable experience that we hope will transform your relationship deeply. Learn more about hiring us as your Couples Connection Architect, Oregon, Colorado elopement photographers or anniversary photographers!
Celebrating your anniversary soon? Learn more about what to do for your anniversary!